Monday, June 11, 2012

Apple Rumors: Apple TV and Other Juicy WWDC News

Well, it's that day of the year where I sit eagerly hunched over my computer screen feverishly refreshing blog feeds to hear from those seated in Moscone West about Apple's latest strategies to get me to happily give them my hard earned money. Every year, in spite of my acute awareness that this strongly resembles the kind of addiction people traditionally seek help in conquering, I find that I have no desire to resist my compulsion to get my Apple fix. So here I am again.

Here are a few of the things I hope to hear about:



Mac OS X (10.8) Mountain Lion - There will be several significant new features introduced to the system that I have grown to love in my iOS devices. Some of my most anticipated are Reminders, Notification Center, and AirPlay Mirroring (love this feature on iOS!!!).




Apple TV - Ben Parr writes a great post about the potential and strategy behind possible developments with the Apple TV.

iOS 6 - My iPad and iPhone have just about become my primary computing devices. They are consistently my first screens. It stands to reason that this news will be highly anticipated out of the conference.

There are several other areas that we might learn about in Apple's ecosystem. PC World does a great job of summarizing the lay of the land here. Check it out if you also need a rumor fix before the actual news starts to roll in.

I have a meeting scheduled at 10 a.m. EST today... exactly the time the Keynote begins! If you happen to be reading this and will be in that meeting too, be assured that my constant distraction with my iPad screen is just me responding to an emergency email from a client that will prevent our entire project from being jeopardized. Honestly, that's what I'm doing. ;)

No comments: