Thursday, June 14, 2007

Do I Sound Funny?

I tried a new app this week called Voice Candy. I'm not sure how practical it is. I guess maybe for those of you in the witness protection program it might be handy. At any rate, it really is a lot of fun. It's made by Potion Factory. They call it a "fun, effortless recorder" and it is. Basically what it does is record your voice in one of nine preset filters. Take a listen to a recording I made:

Vader








I do think I might find it useful for recording a quick memo that I can then save to desktop, iTunes, Mail, or as a reminder with one click. I loved the voice memo app on my Palm Tungsten T3 for that reason. Almost daily, I would hit the record button on the side of my T3 and say something like, "Call JoeBob about the doodats and don't forget to mention that smatzles are half off." --Yes, I worked for Acme. Then I would set it to play the recording as an alarm at about 5 minutes before I wanted to make that call. It was like having a to-do list alarm sound and the item read itself to me.

I can totally see (or hear as the case may be) me using Voice Candy this way. I might actually cough up the $13 and register it just for that. You can download a free 15 day trial and check it out for yourself. You never know when you might want to kidnap some CEO's kids and place a ransom call. This could come in handy!

No comments: