Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mac Minute: Bezel

A reader suggested recently that I start a basics tutorial to help you discover things that might otherwise go unnoticed for months or years if you don't read your manual. Does anybody read the manual?

I have been thinking about doing this for a while now and so, Scott, thanks for the little extra push. I've made a list of things that I think you would find helpful. I'll be adding to the list as time goes on and I invite you to make suggestions as you think of basic OS X features that you've found helpful but not necessarily obvious to the average user. I'm starting off with something really basic, but I know a few of you probably don't use it. Take a look:

3 comments:

Mitchell said...

You can alxo use this to quit your programs. Just keep holding the apple key and tape the "q" and the program that is selected will quit and be removed.

Geekbert said...

Sweet! I never knew that. Wow, this was a really good idea. I think we're all gonna be Mac Ninja's in a few months!

Scott Donnelly said...

See? This is what I'm talkin' 'bout!! Love it... that is just a little thing, but oh, so cool.

These are the bells and whistles that make me love my Mac.